FADAS Logo Farnborough And District Angling Society text
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2017, 06:38:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
968 Posts in 178 Topics by 117 Members
Latest Member: AbbaLeBiace
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  FADAS
|-+  Fishing
| |-+  FADAS Waters
| | |-+  Planning my first Shawfields trip of the season....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Planning my first Shawfields trip of the season....  (Read 377 times)
averageangler

View Profile
Planning my first Shawfields trip of the season....
« on: April 13, 2017, 11:09:23 AM »

Hi all,

It's time I got back to Shawfields to try and catch a couple of it's beautiful carpy residents :-) So I shall be there this weekend at some point.

However I don't want to ignore the other fishy resident so I think I will have one rod for the carp and float fish another to see what else can be tempted from the depths. I have caught tench and roach as well as carp in the big lake.  I have also seen pike and perch.  What else with fins do we know is in there?

Cheers

Rich.
averageangler

View Profile
Re: Planning my first Shawfields trip of the season....
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 09:23:15 AM »

A bit of a belated catch return.........I did pop down for my first session of the year.  It was a quick session with some hastily put together float gear and maggots.  I was able to winkle out a few small roach and perch from the main lake but couldn't settle into the session as frankly I hadn't planned well (in fact not at all!).  I also found myself distracted by the lovely sunshine and dreams of sitting back in a comfy chair waiting for a buzzing alarm to herald the arrival of a beautiful Shawfields carp.

Therefore I have been back since for a spot of fish spotting and depth testing, and must now organise myself for a spot of carp/tench fishing.  Hope to meet more of you on the bank!

Regards

Richard.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: